My hobby is collecting autographs. I started doing this about 15 years ago, and then got out of it. I just started collecting again. Some of my autographs were obtained in person, some were purchased from reputable dealers and some were obtained through the mail by writing to the celebrity.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

R.I.P. Sherwood Schwartz (Gilligan's Island, The Brady Bunch)

On Tuesday, a TV legend died. Many won't know his name, but most will know his work. He was the creator of both "Gilligan's Island" and "The Brady Bunch" - two shows that are still popular after 40 plus years. I wrote to him many years ago (before I was smart enough to keep a database with my data) and received two autographs from him. He was well known throughout the autographing community as a great through the mail autograph signer. Besides the photo below, he also sent me a photo of him with the "Gilligan's Island" cast and a photo of him withe "The Brady Bunch" cast (unfortunately those two aren't scanned). He will be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment