My hobby is collecting autographs. I started doing this about 15 years ago, and then got out of it. I just started collecting again. Some of my autographs were obtained in person, some were purchased from reputable dealers and some were obtained through the mail by writing to the celebrity.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Charlton Heston - Planet of the Apes, Ben-Hur, The Ten Commandments, etc.

This is one I got through the mail in the late 90s, so I don't have the information on how long it took to get back, etc. Of course, that is kind of irrelevant, since he's been dead for several years now. It is pretty much common knowledge throughout the autograph community that many of Heston's through the mail autographs were secretarial. After a lot of research, I do believe the one I received is legitimately his signature, as opposed to one of the secretarial signatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment