My hobby is collecting autographs. I started doing this about 15 years ago, and then got out of it. I just started collecting again. Some of my autographs were obtained in person, some were purchased from reputable dealers and some were obtained through the mail by writing to the celebrity.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

George W. Bush - President

President Bush signed a bunch of bookplates for his recently released book, Decision Points. There was information on the site for the book on how to get one. I sent a request and a return envelope on Oct. 28, 2010 and my bookplate came today, Nov. 20, 2010. A lot of the time autographs from presidents are autopens (machines that sign a reproduction of their real autograph), but these bookplates seem legit. They are all different (autopens are a common pattern, although they could have more than one machine or pattern). There was also a picture on the internet, totally unrelated to these, that showed a stack of the bookplates and several Sharpies sitting on the desk next to him, waiting to be signed.

I am thrilled to add a president to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment