My hobby is collecting autographs. I started doing this about 15 years ago, and then got out of it. I just started collecting again. Some of my autographs were obtained in person, some were purchased from reputable dealers and some were obtained through the mail by writing to the celebrity.

Friday, December 3, 2010

John Krasinski - The Office, Leatherheads, etc.

Thrilled beyond belief with this through the mail success. John is known for sending out pre-printed autographs through a service called Studio Fan Mail. I wanted to try to get an authentic one, so I looked to see if he was going to be doing any films any time soon. I found out he was going to be filming "Everybody Loves Whales" with Drew Barrymore and Kristin Bell in Alaska in Oct. and Nov. I searched the internet for about 2 weeks to find a production office address to send to. I finally sent a nice letter, a self addressed stamped envelope, an 8x10 and a 5x7 on Oct. 19, 2010.  Today, Dec. 3, 2010, I received my 8x10 back signed and personalized with a really nice inscription. I'm a huge fan of The Office and Krasinski's character, Jim, is my favorite, so I am just really happy with this one. When you send via venue to a concert or a movie set, you really never know if the person will even get it, so it is quite a crap shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment